Friday, June 4, 2010

Six Months Later...

I look at you everyday; your pictures, your housecoat, your pots & pans. I cut the coupons for our shopping day (still Thursday). I make Bob chocolate pudding. I order books for Nicholas on Amazon. And when I feel lonely for you, I drink tea out of your special cup (it's where it always was, and there's always a fresh tea bag inside... waiting). We went to the beach, and I looked out at the ocean and the sand, and I pictured you standing by the pier. We gathered shells and then we took them up on the pier and each picked a special one to throw in the water in honor of you.

I still cry. There is such a void in my soul, in my life. I know it's better for you this way, and I would never bring you back to what was. My heart was breaking for you when you were still here, and though you pain is gone, my heart breaks now because I miss you. But you suffered so for me, and I will live with my broken heart for you.

Someday I feel that God will let us be together again, and I will be waiting... Time After Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment