Saturday, May 15, 2010

Standing By You

I can talk and no one listens, just as you did. I could yell and scream to tell them how it was. They'd never hear me. They never heard you. I feel sometimes as if I could explode with irritation, but it's futile... Then I close my eyes and see you. They'll never know or even care you'd say to me. You'd tell me that what mattered was that we knew. And the only peace I have is that we always knew. In my heart it's just the way you left it. What we had will never ever change. The love, the laughter, the tears and the pain will remain with me as you do. I can't pretend, I never will, as we discussed so many times that's not a luxury that either one of us could ever afford. But the truth holds so much more, and it's reward is much more valuable. My reward was walking by your side, through good and bad and all that came between. We weathered what life sent our way and danced inside it's rainbows. And if anyone should look for me, they needn't look too far, I'm right where I have always been... Standing By You...

No comments:

Post a Comment