Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

I just wanted you to know that you were right. You didn't have faith in a lot of people, but you believed in your husband. You said that he promised you faithfully that he would take care of me and Nicholas should anything ever happen to you. I wasn't sure what to expect. You were always my only ally. It's been very scary since you've been gone. But you were right. Bob Huie has stood by us and he's the only one who has hugged me when I cry. I know he truly cares. He hugs me and tells me that he's sorry that I hurt, he tells me we can make it. He hasn't taken away our only security, and he takes steps to ensure that we survive when he is gone, too. I guess I worried that he would let you down, because so many others had. But you told me you knew, and I should have known that you were right. You always were. So thank you, Mom, for giving me someone who loved you enough that he loves us too. I know it was for us more than it ever was for you, because you never thought of yourself first. You always gave me all you could, and I've never felt more love than the love I have from you.

With all my heart and soul,

Your daughter,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment