Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day

How appropriate that I write of you today. For I believe that you have become a part of everything around me. I know it's you that makes my world more beautiful, that the tree we planted together grows more full since you've been gone. You want me to know that you're still here, and so you have become a part of all the things we loved together. It's you who brought the baby kittens to my door, because you know how much I've always wanted to experience this joy. And the grass that now is growing where it wouldn't grow before, you made it grow for me. I know it's you, because you'd give me the world if you could, and you're telling me you love me and that you'll always be with me... I hear you, Mom, and I love you, too. I'd give you the world, too. But I guess we both know that our love for eachother transcends time and space, and we will always be together here in this life, in past lives and in some future life there will be friends that all will envy... because they always have. Thank you for sharing this day, and for sharing this life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment