Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Day You Knew Was Hard For Me

If you were here on this day, Mom, you would know like you knew every year, that it is one of several out of the year that always pains me. Only you would look inside and see the hurt and confusion that has always clouded my way. Only Mom, and that is something you would have liked to spare me from. I always knew the burden that you carried alone, but because I am a mother now I share it, too. Because of you, I didn't have to be alone, and selfishly I clung to you and knew that you would always understand. I'm grateful that I had you in my life as long as I did. Thank you for not only carrying your own burdens and never faltering, but for willingly helping me carry mine, too. Moms are for so many things, and I will do my best to carry on the tasks that came so naturally to you.

I will recall the words you always said to see me through this day. I will see your eyes that gave me comfort when words would never do. I will hear you laugh and see you smile, and feel your warm embrace. And as always I will love you like no other. Though you're not here, I still feel you, because you made sure you gave me all you could. You gave me all your love so I would never be alone, and I will always hold you close to me, my Dear. You will always be my best friend..."Time After Time..."

No comments:

Post a Comment